Saturday, July 26, 2008

I don't know.... it cracks me up when I hear or see attempts to acknowledge some of the true crime that really goes on in this world. You know when Kanye came out with that "Diamonds are Forever" song, and everybody got enlightened about BLOOD DIAMONDS. Converted diamonds, conflict diamonds, hot diamonds, war diamonds, whatever you want to call them people die everyday because countries, including this great one LOL worship them. You hear these slogans like "Every Kiss Begins With K", and you totally forget about mothers who will never be able to kiss their sons, and fathers who will never hold their daughters again because they have to go get American rappers some ICE. I mean when the movie Blood Diamonds came out everybody put their chains up for a couple weeks, but do you think those kids in Angola, the Congo, and Sierre Leone stopped working! Honestly, the ones to blame are us because we praise those you have the jewelry,Ice, and Bling Bling. I'm not mad at you if that's how you get down, I just respect you more if you just acted like you didn't know what was really going on! Im just sayin...
Peace
Trevor Winston Lee

No comments: