Sunday, June 22, 2008

Iight so safehaven 215 has been up for about eight months now, and I figured that it was time to give you guys out there some structure.... consistency.... more.... more of me I guess! I will attempt to touch on issues that really reach out to my audience. You know, really touch on issues that I feel are important, and have huge roles on my life and maybe even yours in one way or another! I would love for you to leave feedback on these issues so I can get a idea of how some people may feel on particular subjects! I thought this "Sociology With Safehaven" would be good so I could really get an idea of how people feel on certain issues. "Sociology With Safehaven" will pop up once every week, lets say every Sunday so I can give you guys a week to to either think about the topic, and to see if it may affect you in any way. This opening topic will be on Racial and Ethnic Inequality! The terms majority and minority simply show that there are power differences. Those holding power in our society today are the majority group. The majority group establishes a system of inequality by dominating less-powerful groups! (the minority) I'm curious to hear whether or not if you ever truly feel the power or lack of power of being either part of the majority group or the minority group! Whether its in school, work, just out in public, or whatever. I am also curious to hear if it slowly takes a toll on you personally, and how do you react. I guess how you react is more on the psychological part of it, but still I'm curious to get an idea of how you deal with it. I hope that this can be the beginning of a good thing!
Peace Trevor Winston Lee

No comments: